Wanna Climb Kilimanjaro? Here's Your Chance.
06 November 2013
I have always admired those who have conquered the mammoth task of summiting the tallest mountain in Africa. Many have told me that it is the most challenging thing they have ever done, and coming from former Springboks and business owners, this is quite a statement.
If you have ever considered doing so, here is the perfect opportunity to grab Kili by the balls. All 5,895 metres of balls.
“Miles for Milk with Riaan Manser” is in support of the Daily News Milk Fund. The Daily News Milk Fund has been running for 77 years and they perform such admirable work. Their sole aim as a totally non-profit organisation is to support and feed underprivileged children at crèches and schools in KwaZulu-Natal. In total, 13 400 children under the age of 6 years old receive at least one glass of milk and a bowl of energy porridge per school day.
In a nutshell, you not only have the opportunity to climb Kili for the sake of these kids, but you can also do it with the one and only Riaan Manser. In case you were wondering, in 2006, Manser became the first person to cycle around Africa. 37,000 kilometres and 34 countries later, he was voted "Adventurer of the Year" and his "Around Africa on my Bicycle" is a bestselling book. What better way to experience Kili than with an explorer like him? That's like partying in Vegas with Charlie Sheen.
The trip will last for 9 days in April - the best time to summit the mountain, and the Daily News Milk Fund is looking for sponsoship from corporates as well as individual attendance. The package includes:
- 9 days with Riaan Manser as part of the expedition party.
- International economy airfares (ex. Johannesburg)
- Airport transfers (from and to Kilimanjaro International Airport)
- First night accommodation at Springlands Hotel in Moshi.
- Transportation from Moshi to the starting point on the mountain and return to Moshi
- National Park Gate fees, Hut or Camping fees.
- All Meals on the mountain, Rescue fees, Tents and Sleeping Mattresses.
- Guides, Cooks and Porters salaries, accommodation, food and camping fees.
- Last night accommodation at Springlands Hotel.
- Tips to guides and porters.
- 1st night’s evening meal (Dinner) if necessary (depending on arrival time)
- Lunch on first day if required.
Don't miss out on this awesome opportunity! For more details, you can contact the Chairman of the Daily News Milk Fund, Andrew Taylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 083 447 0697.
Gallery is loading...